|For Faculty||For Staff||For Students||For Distance Students||For Alumni||About the Library||Logins / Accounts|
While cutting and pasting the URL in the address bar is the only way to link content with some databases, using the permanent links or permalinks in other databases is required to effectively access the material.
In the library's EBSCOhost databases:
1. Click on the article title to enter the full record.
2. On the left side of the screen, click on the Permalink icon.
3. Cut and paste the address appearing above the article title into your Moodle Course.
For Ovid databases:
1. From the result list, click on the article title to enter the full record.
2. Click on the E-mail jumpstart link above the article.
3. E-mail the link to yourself, then cut and paste the link into your Moodle course.
The final link will be quite long and look something like this:
For other databases not falling under the categories above, you should be able to take the URL from the address bar and attach the proxy prefix to place in Moodle. The proxy prefix allows only Chatham affiliates to access the material. If the proxy prefix is not attached to the the URL, students will not be able to access the material.
Proxy Prefix: http://ezproxy.chatham.edu:2048/login?url=
If this does not work, please contact the reference desk for assistance.